Saturday, March 22, 2008

My dirty little boys



It started getting hot again around a month ago, so when Alan comes back from preschool we have lunch and then we go out to the backyard so that the kids can play in a shaded area. So I thought about sharing with you a little bit of our everyday playing.

I remember before I had kids I imagined myself having a couple of girls, having their hair cutely done, wearing pretty dresses and bows on their hair. Now that I have two boys, the image of my kids is soooooo different. They are nothing else but my lovely dirty little boys (not all the time of course) and I love them so much for that. I never imagined how much fun it would be to play "the boy way".



Alan and Eric love going in the sand and rolling on it (Eric trying to eat it), playing with dirt, and with any living creature (bugs mainly) that they find in their way. Eric is now refusing to wear a bib when eating and of course he thinks he can do it all by himself, so between the fun that they have playing and getting dirty and not wearing a bib. I find myself changing their clothes at least twice a day. Especially Eric, he loves turning on the hose in the backyard and getting himself soaked.
space

My way of looking at the situation now is: the messier they get the more fun they have, and I actually love looking at their little feet all dirty and then washing them off. It is so fun to watch them playing with water, dirt, boats, airplanes and then going for a jump on the trampoline. You guys have to watch the video of Eric on the trampoline, he was eleven months back then and he loves it:
space
space
I think the trampoline is getting too small for Alan, but he still loves bouncing on it. Lately what he likes to do is jump for a few minutes and then lies down on it and puts his feet up on the bar. He puts his hands on the back of his neck and relaxes for a few minutes and then back to jumping.



Anyway, even though the kind of fun I have with my boys is so different than what I had expected, I enjoy it so much and I'm so greatful for being able to experience being mother of two little fun boys. It is a lot more fun than what I could've ever imagined.

4 comments:

Johnson Family ~ Familia Johnson said...

Hola Aline :)
No sabes como me encanta leer tu blog y ver como estan creciendo tus bebes, que por cierto estan hermosos!!! Se los ve tan felices a todos y me da mucho gusto saber que todos esten bien... por aca los extrañamos muchisimo.
Como viste en mi blog nosotros estamos esperando nuestro segundo bebe, estamos muy contentos... Ian esta super feliz y emocionado con su nuevo hermanito o hermanita... ahora tenemos que esperar que pase el tiempo para que llegue :)
Miles de bendiciones y muchos besitos!!!
Me encanto tu ultimo blog... BOYS ARE THE BEST!!!
Andrea

Jessica Sandberg said...

Aline, que hermosos son los niños, no? A mi tambien me encanta tener dos nenes llenos de energia y travesuras!

Moore Family said...

I wish I was better about being happy when my kids are dirty but it drives me crazy. I really need to be better because it's so fun and something they will always remember.
I always knew you would be a good mom. Remember when we use to always talk about wanting kids and such.....ah the good days. I really wish you guys were closer so we could hang out and do fun things together. Someday hopefully!
Miss you guys.

susana kidd said...

Aline,
Que interestante que estan predominando los nenes no? osea tanto Jessica, Areli, tu y yo tenemos 2 bebos. Tienes razon el rollo de tener ninos es otra cosa, osea la manera/estilo de jugar o simplemente los deportes es otro rollo. Es como aventuras no? Yo sigo aprendiendo mucho de los deportes que practica Elan. Tus bebos estan muy guapos! saludos TQM Suzanne